Bennett to Whitehorse (Train/Bus Combo) Chilkoot Hiker Service
- No passport required
- Boxed lunches are $20 per person and should be pre-purchased at the time of booking space aboard the train.
- $25 Fare per Dog - While we do permit dogs on our Chilkoot Hiker Service trains, we unfortunately are not able to permit dogs on any of our connecting bus services. Exceptions are made for service animals.
- If you require some or all of your gear to travel without you, you must arrange for someone other than White Pass to take the gear through US/Canadian Customs for you. White Pass is unable to transport unaccompanied freight across the US/Canada border.
- This applies to gear/backpacks/canoes/kayaks that would be traveling south from Bennett to Skagway and also gear/backpacks/canoes/kayaks that would be traveling north from Skagway to Bennett
- However, White Pass IS able to transport unaccompanied gear between Carcross and Bennett & Fraser and Bennett, for a fee.
- If you are sending gear into or out of Bennett, you or someone you designate must load/unload your freight onto the train. White Pass staff is not able to load/unload it for you, nor are we able to store it.
- Please note that all train reservations should be made through White Pass & Yukon Route and all Chilkoot Trail reservations should be made through Parks Canada. We ask that hikers book their Chilkoot Trail permits first prior to calling WP&YR for their train reservations.
- One Way Trip Service
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- This train is not equipped with a wheelchair lift.
Available Dates: May 21 – September 14, 2019†
ADVANCED PURCHASE REQUIRED!
Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sun: Departs 11:00 AM / Arrives 6:00 PM
Train/Bus Combo via Carcross
ALL TIMES LISTED ARE ALASKA TIME (RAIL TIME)
For more information regarding the Chilkoot Trail and making trail reservations for the upcoming summer, please contact:
205 -300 Main St.
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2B5
Parks Canada – Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site
For Chilkoot Trail Information & Map:
Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park & Trail Center
Please be advised, the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway tracks and right-of-way are private property. Should you elect to hike out, please be aware that you are proceeding at your own risk and must stay well off the railway bed and tracks.
Parks Canada and the U.S. National Park Service require that all hikers purchase permits to hike the Chilkoot Trail. Reservations are highly recommended.
Train Amenities Include:
- Complimentary water
- Restrooms in every train car
- Lift access on most tours
- Convenient dockside service
- All Aboard Magazine
- Knowledgeable onboard guides
* Pricing is for tickets purchased in advance of travel. Please book at least 24 hours in advance of travel to receive the price above.
† Schedule is subject to change without notice.