White Pass Summit Excursion
Experience this unique railroad that symbolizes accomplishment in adventure and pioneering – of triumph over challenge.
Relax in vintage passenger coaches as you retrace the original route to the White Pass Summit, passing Bridal Veil Falls, Inspiration Point and Dead Horse Gulch. Enjoy a breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, trestles and historic sites. See the original Klondike Trail of ‘98 worn into the rocks, a permanent tribute to the thousands of souls who passed this way in search of fortune.
April 27 – October 20, 2021†
Skagway to the White Pass Summit – Round Trip
Daily departures available. Please choose your date of travel in the calendar to determine available departure times.
ALL TIMES LISTED ARE ALASKA TIME (RAIL TIME)
Book early to secure your seat!
†Exceptions to schedule: No Summit Excursion Service available April 28, 29; May 3, 6, 9, 16; September 20, 26, 27, 30; October 1-4, 7-11, 14-18.
Dates based on Skagway cruise ship schedule as of April 13, 2020. Schedule will be altered as updated information becomes available.
This forty-mile round trip excursion climbs from tidewater at Skagway to the Summit of the White Pass – a 2,888-foot elevation. The fully narrated tour passes through two tunnels, over sky-high trestles and cascading waterfalls. It’s our most popular rail trip!
- Tour Duration: 2.5 – 2.75 Hours
- No passport required
- All Summit Excursion trains are wheelchair accessible. However, space is limited in lift-equipped cars. Please let us know when reserving your seats if you or anyone in your party will require the lift to get onto the train.
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- 40 miles ROUND TRIP
Train Amenities Include:
- Complimentary water
- Restrooms in every train car
- Lift access on most tours
- All Aboard Magazine
- Knowledgeable onboard guides
* Pricing is for tickets purchased in advance of travel. Please book at least 24 hours in advance of travel to receive the price above.
† Schedule is subject to change without notice.