White Pass Summit Excursion
Experience this unique railroad that symbolizes accomplishment in adventure and pioneering – of triumph over challenge.
Relax in vintage passenger coaches as you retrace the original route to the White Pass Summit, passing Bridal Veil Falls, Inspiration Point and Dead Horse Gulch. Enjoy a breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, trestles and historic sites. See the original Klondike Trail of ‘98 worn into the rocks, a permanent tribute to the thousands of souls who passed this way in search of fortune.
This forty mile round trip excursion climbs from tidewater at Skagway to the Summit of the White Pass - a 2,885 foot elevation. The fully narrated tour passes through two tunnels, over sky-high trestles and cascading waterfalls. It’s our most popular rail trip!
- Tour Duration: 3 to 3.5 Hours
- No passport required
- All Summit Excursion trains are wheelchair accessible. However, space is limited in lift-equipped cars. Please let us know when reserving your seats if you or anyone in your party will require the lift to get onto the train.
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- 40 miles ROUNDTRIP
Available Dates: May 1 – September 26, 2018†
Skagway to White Pass
8:15 AM & 12:45 PM DAILY
4:30 PM Tuesday & Wednesday ONLY (May 29 - August 29)
ALL TIMES LISTED ARE ALASKA TIME (RAIL TIME)
Limited seating available on the 8:15 AM departure on Wednesdays (From May 29 - August 29)
†Exceptions to schedule:
No Summit train service on May 4, 6, 7, 11 & 14th; September 16, 23 & 24th.
The 12:45 Summit departure is not available on September 21st.
For passengers arriving via cruise ship, this tour is available from your ship’s Shore Excursion Department. By booking through the cruise line, you will be able to take advantage of the dockside service and board the train on the pier alongside your ship. Contact your cruise line’s Shore Excursion Department for more details.
Train Amenities Include:
- Complimentary water
- Restrooms in every train car
- Lift access on most tours
- Convenient dockside service
- All Aboard Magazine
- Knowledgeable onboard guides
* Pricing is for tickets purchased in advance of travel. Please book at least 24 hours in advance of travel to receive the price above.
† Schedule is subject to change without notice.