Bennett Scenic Journey
Escape into the heart of history!
Travel 67.5 miles by train between Skagway, AK, and Carcross, YT, along the same route that the Klondike stampeders traversed in 1898! Couple that with a motorcoach tour along the scenic Klondike Highway to/from Skagway for the perfect combination of your Yukon & Alaskan holiday adventures. Bennett, BC is only accessible via the White Pass train or by hiking the world famous Chilkoot Trail. Don’t miss a visit to the 1903 Bennett Station for a stroll through our historic museum. A hearty boxed lunch will be served on board as the train travels the length of Lake Bennett and arrives in Carcross, YT. Come join us on this exclusive and completely unique experience.
This 120 mile round trip excursion features a 45 minute layover at Bennett Station, where passengers enjoy a visit to our White Pass museum and a self-guided walking tour of the historic gold rush town-site. At the end of the layover, passengers will re-board the train and resume their railroading adventure.
- Tour Duration: 8 Hours
- PASSPORT REQUIRED
- A hearty lunch will be served on board between Bennett and Carcross: Turkey sandwich, chips, side and dessert included. Vegetarian and gluten free options upon advance request. Please indicate meal preference in reservation notes.
- Moderate level of activity
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- This train is not equipped with a wheelchair lift
Available Dates: May 22 – September 9, 2018†
Train to Carcross, Bus return to Skagway
7:45 AM Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
Bus to Carcross, Train return to Skagway
9:30 AM Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
ALL TIMES LISTED ARE ALASKA TIME (RAIL TIME)
For passengers arriving via cruise ship, this tour is available from your ship’s Shore Excursion Department. By booking through the cruise line, you will be able to take advantage of the dockside service and board the train on the pier alongside your ship. Contact your cruise line’s Shore Excursion Department for more details.
Train Amenities Include:
- Complimentary water
- Boxed lunch included with ticket purchase
- Restrooms in every train car
- All Aboard Magazine
- Knowledgeable onboard guides
* Pricing is for tickets purchased in advance of travel. Please book at least 24 hours in advance of travel to receive the price above.
† Schedule is subject to change without notice.