Year Round Reservation Agent
The following job vacancy is available within the White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad. Qualified and eligible individuals interested in applying for this position may submit an application and resume to Becky Jensen in the Human Resources Department. Accepting applications until the position is filled.
Scope of Job
This position will work to provide a year-round presence in the White Pass Ticket Office, communicating tour product details via phone, email and in person. This position will be full time, year-round and include benefits.
Essential Job Tasks
The following is an outline of tasks that would be required for this position, but are not limited to:
- Processing reservations into ticketing system in person, over the phone and via email
- Answering questions via phone, email, and in person regarding White Pass products
- Cash handling
- Assisting the Passenger Department with train loading, passenger transfers and crossing-guard duties
- Other duties as assigned
This position will be supervised by the Manager of Reservations and Sales.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Friendly, reliable and enthusiastic about Skagway and the White Pass product
- Motivated and organized
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Must possess basic knowledge of computers with proficiency in email and Microsoft applications
- Ability to work unsupervised and exercise problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to clearly communicate important information to the public in person, over the phone and via email.
- Ability to stay on task and take initiative in small office projects
- Customer service experience a must
Candidate must have a high school diploma.
Related business experience is preferred.
Compensation will be based upon experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Position is open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit an application and also forward a resume to Manager of Human Resources & Employee Benefits Becky Jensen at email@example.com.