2022 Photo Contest
WP&YR staff will pick the top three photos that capture the White Pass spirit!
- WP&YR Employees are not eligible to participate in the Annual Photo Contest.
- Photos not meeting the size requirements will not be considered.
- Entrants may submit their photographs through the online form (preferred) or on a CD or DVD (No Prints please). Please ensure that all images are labeled with last name of the photographer.
- All submissions must be digital files. Images must be a minimum of 8 megapixels in size (typically about 3840 x 2560 pixels). We recommend sending the largest size that your camera is capable of. Pixel dimension factors in to our voting process.
- Photographs may be in either black & white or color.
- Photographs may be either in vertical or horizontal format.
- Entrants may submit up to five photographs in total per year.
- Photographs must be taken within the White Pass & Yukon Route and should depict landscapes, activities, people, plants, animals, or events. The photos should highlight the activities occurring on the railroad.
- Contest entries must be received no later than December 31, 2022.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older
- By submitting your photograph to the White Pass & Yukon Route photo contest, you agree to the following:
- Release by the Photographer
- You certify that you are the person who took the photograph(s) submitted here, that you own the copyrights to the Photographs, and that you have the authority to enter into this release.
- By registering your Photographs with WP&YR, you grant WP&YR the royalty-free and non-exclusive right to use your Photographs as follows: (i) on the WP&YR website (ii) for WP&YR posters, brochures, and activity guides (iii) in WP&YR electronic emails (iv) and in other internal or external marketing materials or media coordinated by the WP&YR. You further waive the right to inspect or approve the final use of your Photographs by White Pass & Yukon Route.
- You understand that WP&YR will request additional permission from you before using your Photographs for purposes other than listed above.
- You will give WP&YR all copyright information for your photograph so that WP&YR can include the proper credit for published Photographs, whenever possible.
- Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters, corrective functions, and legitimate manipulations such as burning and dodging, brightness and contrast, color adjustments, saturation, stitching and cropping are permitted. In cases where a photograph is considered “digital art”, the image may not be considered. Entrants should not place borders or frames around their images, or place watermarks, signatures, dates, or copyright notices on their images.
- WP&YR reserves the right to crop registered photographs for display purposes, if necessary, and for other needs as required.
- Entry materials will not be returned.
- Entries that fail to comply with the rules will be disqualified.
- WP&YR reserves the right to change the Contest Rules as necessary