2019 Photo Contest Winners!
Category: Bennett & Carcross
Bennett Station and Church from a Kayak
Andrew Bibby – Creston, B.C.
After being dropped off by the WP&YR engine 109 the previous afternoon, I paddled out into the lake early in the morning while the water was calm, to take this shot of the beautiful Bennett Station and Church
Category: Best Diesel
Category: Best Landscape
Category: Best Staff
Category: Best Steam
2020 Photo Contest Coming Soon!
Prize packages will be awarded in the following categories:
Best Steam Engine Image
Give us your best shot of our iconic and historic steam engine!
Best Diesel Engine Shot
Show us how you’ve framed the green & gold of our diesel-electric locomotives against the stunning backdrop of the White Pass.
Best Landscape/Scenery Shot
From the Train We want to see what YOU see from the train. Upload your favorite scenic viewpoints from along the rail line.
Best WP&YR Staff Image
We’re the first to brag that our staff is top notch and we want your best shot of them in action!
Best Bennett/Carcross Image
Our service into Bennett and Carcross is certainly a fan favorite…Show us what made it so special for you!
- WP&YR Employees are not eligible to participate in the Annual Photo Contest.
- Photos not meeting the size requirements will not be considered.
- Entrants may submit their photographs through the online form (preferred) or on a CD or DVD (No Prints please). Please ensure that all images are labeled with last name of the photographer.
- All submissions must be digital files. Images must be a minimum of 8 megapixels in size (typically about 3840 x 2560 pixels). We recommend sending the largest size that your camera is capable of. Pixel dimension factors in to our voting process.
- Photographs may be in either black & white or color.
- Photographs may be either in vertical or horizontal format.
- Entrants may submit up to five photographs in total per year.
- Photographs must be taken within the White Pass & Yukon Route and should depict landscapes, activities, people, plants, animals, or events. The photos should highlight the activities occurring on the railroad.
- Contest entries must be received no later than December 31, 2019
- Entrants must be 18 years or older
- By submitting your photograph to the White Pass & Yukon Route photo contest, you agree to the following:
- Release by the Photographer
- You certify that you are the person who took the photograph(s) submitted here, that you own the copyrights to the Photographs, and that you have the authority to enter into this release.
- By registering your Photographs with WP&YR, you grant WP&YR the royalty-free and non-exclusive right to use your Photographs as follows: (i) on the WP&YR website (ii) for WP&YR posters, brochures, and activity guides (iii) in WP&YR electronic emails (iv) and in other internal or external marketing materials or media coordinated by the WP&YR. You further waive the right to inspect or approve the final use of your Photographs by White Pass & Yukon Route.
- You understand that WP&YR will request additional permission from you before using your Photographs for purposes other than listed above.
- You will give WP&YR all copyright information for your photograph so that WP&YR can include the proper credit for published Photographs, whenever possible.
- Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters, corrective functions, and legitimate manipulations such as burning and dodging, brightness and contrast, color adjustments, saturation, stitching and cropping are permitted. In cases where a photograph is considered “digital art”, the image may not be considered. Entrants should not place borders or frames around their images, or place watermarks, signatures, dates, or copyright notices on their images.
- WP&YR reserves the right to crop registered photographs for display purposes, if necessary, and for other needs as required.
- Entry materials will not be returned.
- Entries that fail to comply with the rules will be disqualified.
- WP&YR reserves the right to change the Contest Rules as necessary