White Pass & Yukon Route, a successful, historic company engaged in rail, tourism and port operations, based in Skagway, Alaska, has an opening for a Dock Representative. This is a full-time, seasonal position. The position will be available early May to late September.
- Greet cruise ship guests on the pier in a friendly and approachable way
- Work directly with cruise line shore excursion personnel regarding train product sales
- Serve as a liaison between onboard train personnel and passengers when loading the train
- Field and answer questions from guests in a helpful and courteous manner
- Count tickets and settle for daily sales with cruise ship personnel
- Assist with loading/unloading up to 600 passengers in a safe and timely manner
- Directing cruise ship passengers on pier to proper tour location
- Perform crossing guard duties as needed
- Educate guests on the various WP&YR tour options while providing an opportunity to further pier side sales
- Enthusiasm for the Skagway and the White Pass Product
- Applicants should be friendly, reliable and enjoy working in a team setting
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Strong public speaking skills – ability to communicate important information to the public and to coworkers
- Customer service experience a must
- Knowledge of Skagway and all tours that combine with the train
- First Aid & CPR certification (company will offer course)
- Troubleshooting skills
- We are actively seeking candidates who can speak other languages fluently, in particular Spanish and Japanese, however any foreign language skills are a plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work outdoors in the elements
Applications may be filled out online and are being accepted on an ongoing basis. Position is open until filled. Any questions can be directed to Becky Jensen, Human Resources Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org.