White Pass Baristas possess an outgoing personality who interacts well with guests and the WP&YR Team. Greet all guests in a pleasant manner while providing a friendly and sociable service in a clean and comfortable environment. Baristas produce espresso and coffee related beverages at the espresso bar as well as related retail and souvenir sales at our Caboose location on the Railroad Dock.
We offer competitive pay, employee housing and performance based incentives.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing espresso drinks using semi-automatic espresso machines.
- Maintain superior sanitation behind bar and in café seating area. Daily cleaning required.
- Provide excellent customer service in very fast pace, high volume coffee bar.
- Stock and maintain supplies and retail products.
- Maintain cash and credit card receipts utilizing computerized point of sale cash register.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Provide concise information to guests about WP&YR schedules, history and visitor services.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- Barista or food & beverage service experience
- POS / Micros register & cash handling experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent ability to communicate important information to the public
- Customer service experience a must
- Alaska Food Handlers Card will be paid and provided during training process
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours and navigate stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to move 25+ pounds on an intermittent basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat