White Pass & Yukon Route 2022 Operating Season
Face coverings are strongly encouraged and may be required under certain cruise line shore excursion policies for all our passengers while onboard our trains and visiting our public spaces in the Skagway depot.
The railroad is participating in the Safe Skagway Program as part of the Tourism Best Management Practices, newly adopted by the Municipality of Skagway. Information on the Safe Skagway program can be found here. The program is designed to keep our community safe while providing the best experience for our guests.
Cross Border Tours – Service Suspended for 2022 Operating Season
After months of working towards restoring the Carcross and Fraser Train Service Combination, we unfortunately must announce that we are unable to provide these offerings for the 2022 Season. We have delayed this difficult decision for several months in the hopes that we could find a workable solution for all involved and provide passenger service on these international routes. The challenges of logistics, restrictions, and uncertainty around wait times would have made it impossible for us to provide a consistent high quality service without delays and would create significant disruption to the passenger experience.
We respect and appreciate the time and efforts of our communities, staff, partners, customers, and governmental agencies at all levels in both Canada and the United States over the last year to try to bring this to fruition. Though we could not complete the task in time for this season, we will continue to work together towards restoring this service for 2023.
For those booked on Fraser and Carcross train service this summer, our reservation staff will be reaching out to discuss your travel options and provide an alternative service on our White Pass Summit Excursion offering.
Our staff is dedicated to providing a safe and memorable trip for all that step aboard our trains each summer. We look forward to seeing you aboard The Scenic Railway of the World.
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
In response to the increased risks due to the COVID-19 situation, White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad is employing enhanced safety and sanitation protocols coupled with new methods of operation to continue to provide the safe, world-class experience we have for over 124 years. Our comprehensive approach in concert with our cruise partners will ensure a healthy memorable experience from ship to shore, and from sea to summit. Our new initiatives will include:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of the premises including all rail consists, gathering areas, retail, and depot facilities.
- New guest seating arrangements to provide greater social distancing.
- Social distancing protocols within boarding areas and buildings.
- New staging and boarding processes.
- Enhanced training and PPE for employees to raise awareness of practices while also identifying further processes and improvements as needed.
- Greater availability of hand sanitizers in high traffic areas.
- Integration of plans and processes with tour partners.
- Enhanced communication with guests pre-boarding so that we can identify any issues before departure.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-343-7373.