White Pass & Yukon Route 2021 Operating Season
The White Pass & Yukon Route is pleased to resume operating passenger service for the 2021 summer cruise ship season. Our staff is dedicated to providing a safe and memorable trip for all that step aboard our trains each summer.
Face coverings are required for all of our passengers and crew while aboard our trains and visiting our public spaces in the Skagway depot. Face coverings are mandated by the Federal Railroad Administration. We expect all passengers to abide by this mandate and follow the directions provided by White Pass & Yukon Route staff.
The railroad is participating in the Safe Skagway Program as part of the Tourism Best Management Practices, newly adopted by the Municipality of Skagway. Information on the Safe Skagway program can be found here. The program is designed to keep our community safe while providing the best experience for our guests.
During the last week of July and month of August, the railroad will be running an abbreviated round trip excursion to Mile 14 as we complete a bridge replacement project at Mile 15. Without the bridge in service, we can not complete the journey to the White Pass Summit at Mile 20.4. As the construction progresses this summer, we will keep guests updated with information regarding their excursion and any changes to their itinerary that may occur.
Resuming service to Fraser, BC and Carcross, YT has been postponed until the 2022 summer season. Excursions for the 2021 season will originate out of Skagway and availability can be found on the Excursion page of the website.
We look forward to seeing you aboard the Scenic Railway of the World.
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
In response to the increased risks due to the COVID-19 situation, White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad is employing enhanced safety and sanitation protocols coupled with new methods of operation to continue to provide the safe, world-class experience we have for over 122 years. Our comprehensive approach in concert with our cruise partners will ensure a healthy memorable experience from ship to shore, and from sea to summit. Our new initiatives will include:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of the premises including all rail consists, gathering areas, retail, and depot facilities.
- New guest seating arrangements to provide greater social distancing.
- Social distancing protocols within boarding areas and buildings.
- New staging and boarding processes.
- Enhanced training and PPE for employees to raise awareness of practices while also identifying further processes and improvements as needed.
- Greater availability of hand sanitizers in high traffic areas.
- Integration of plans and processes with tour partners.
- Enhanced communication with guests pre-boarding so that we can identify any issues before departure.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-343-7373.