White Pass Shops Office Clerk
This position coordinates the procurement of goods and services including material, parts, tools and supplies for the entire system. This position reports to the Chief Mechanical Officer.
This job is detail oriented. Candidates must work well with others in a fast-paced environment and must be self-motivated. The clerk is exposed to proprietary information and confidentiality must be maintained.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Two years of experience in purchasing, accounts payable, inventory control or other professional office environment preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, analyze and understand technical manuals, inventory control documents and business correspondence.
- Ability to solve problems with numerous variables and with limited standardization. Must be able to interpret and act upon instructions.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and professional bearing during periods of increased activity and elevated stress.
- Capable of operating typical industrial office equipment including printers, scanners, facsimile, copiers, laminate machines, bulk mailers, label makers and shipping steel banders.
- Must be fluent with Microsoft Office Suite of programs including Word and Excel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders from requisitions. Track status of orders and process invoices for payment.
- Establish new vendor profiles and accounts. Prepare and maintain purchasing files.
- Work with vendors to schedule or expedite delivery and resolve other issues.
- Negotiate competitive price quotes from suppliers and iterate shipping time and expense.
- Verify accuracy of material specifications and terminology. Discuss defective and unacceptable goods and take corrective action.
- Through research and investigation, identify sources for obsolete or out of production parts and material.
- Maintain procurement records and track services, costs, delivery, performance and inventories.
- Confer with vendors and obtain product and service support.
- Craft professional memorandums and company correspondence. Receive, forward and relay phone calls and messages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Originally posted on September 4, 2017