The successful candidate for this position should possess an outgoing personality who interacts well with guests and the WP&YR Team. Greet all guests in a pleasant manner while providing a friendly and sociable service in a clean and comfortable environment. The Shipping Clerk is responsible for processing internet and phone orders as well as assisting customers in all facets of front line retail operations.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Processing online and phone orders
- Restock items as necessary. Keep storeroom neat and clean.
- Complete customer purchases, process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- Maintain cash and credit card receipts utilizing computerized point of sale cash register.
- Receive freight, price and prepare WP&YR souvenir goods for merchandising.
- Provide excellent customer service for both direct and phone customers.
- Coordinate with stockers to insure products are delivered on site in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Follow checklist for opening and closing store. Secure store and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
- Greet customers when they enter the store, offer assistance in locating merchandise, and respond to questions regarding merchandise.
- Provide concise information to guests about WP&YR schedules, history and visitor services.
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- POS / Micros register & cash handling experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent ability to communicate important information to the public
- Customer service experience a must
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours and navigate stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to move 40+ pounds on an intermittent basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat