The successful candidate for this position should possess an outgoing personality who interacts well with guests and the WP&YR Team. The Retail Stocker is responsible for coordinating retail product delivery onsite, keeping the stock room filled and organized, and maintaining inventory at various storage locations.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Restock items as necessary. Keep storeroom and other storage facilities neat, clean and free of trash.
- Receive freight, price and prepare WP&YR souvenir goods for merchandising.
- Transport merchandise to and from Depot in a timely manner
- Transport Baristas to/from Depot and Railroad Dock Caboose
- Assist with odd jobs as needed. May include assembling displays, fueling vehicles and weekly trips to the incinerator, etc.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- Retail experience preferred but not required
- A positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment
- Possess excellent organization skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours and navigate stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to move 50+ pounds on an regular basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat
Our operating season is the beginning of May to the end of September. Hiring starts after the first of the year and finalized by the end of March. Selected candidates may be required to begin work at the end of April to help process and organize freight.