White Pass Retail Clerks possess outgoing personality who enjoy interacting with guests and the WP&YR Team. We greet all guests in a pleasant manner while providing a friendly and sociable service in a clean and comfortable environment. Retail Clerks are responsible for assisting customers in all facets of front line retail operations.
We offer competitive pay, employee housing and performance based incentives.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Greet customers when they enter the store, offer assistance in locating merchandise, and respond to questions regarding merchandise.
- Restock items as necessary. Keep storeroom neat and clean.
- Complete customer purchases, process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- Maintain cash and credit card receipts utilizing computerized point of sale cash register.
- Follow checklist for opening and closing store. Secure store and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
- Receive freight, price and prepare WP&YR souvenir goods for merchandising.
- Provide excellent customer service for both direct and phone customers.
- Coordinate with stockers to insure products are delivered on site in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Provide concise information to guests about WP&YR schedules, history and visitor services.
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- POS / Micros register & cash handling experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred, but training is available
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent ability to communicate important information to the public
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours and navigate stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to move 25+ pounds on an intermittent basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat
We are always looking for talented Retail Clerks. Our operating season is the beginning of May to the end of September. Our hiring starts at the beginning of the year and is finalized by the end of March. Selected candidates start our season at the beginning of May. Candidates spend 2-3 days in training familiarizing themselves with product and point of sales system as well as soft open before the first ship arrival.