The successful candidate for this position should possess an outgoing personality who interacts well with guests and the WP&YR Team. Greet all guests in a pleasant manner while providing a friendly and sociable service in a clean and comfortable environment. The Retail Clerk is responsible for assisting customers in all facets of front line retail operations.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Greet customers when they enter the store, offer assistance in locating merchandise, and respond to questions regarding merchandise.
- Restock items as necessary. Keep storeroom neat and clean.
- Complete customer purchases, process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- Maintain cash and credit card receipts utilizing computerized point of sale cash register.
- Follow checklist for opening and closing store. Secure store and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
- Receive freight, price and prepare WP&YR souvenir goods for merchandising.
- Provide excellent customer service for both direct and phone customers.
- Coordinate with stockers to insure products are delivered on site in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Provide concise information to guests about WP&YR schedules, history and visitor services.
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- POS / Micros register & cash handling experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent ability to communicate important information to the public
- Customer service experience a must
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours and navigate stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to move 40+ pounds on an intermittent basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat