Manager of Track Maintenance
White Pass & Yukon Route (WPYR) based in Skagway, Alaska is seeking a Manager of Track Maintenance. WPYR is a 110-mile common carrier operating in Alaska, British Columbia, and Yukon Territory.
Manager Track Maintenance Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of track and structures maintenance and integrity including bridges and signals.
- Support the safety management system and ensure adherence to WPYR’s Track Safety Standards.
- Provide direction to track foremen and track inspectors and unionized work force.
- Update and keep current WPYR track safety standards and track chart.
- Educate and train MOW employees, including surfacing crews (Harsco 6700).
- Test, monitor and mentor supervisors, field crews, and tamper operators for adherence to track safety rules, track geometry standards, and productivity goals.
- May be required to occasionally lead work crews in the field.
- Serve as infrastructure planner, project engineer and construction manager.
- Monitor department finances and capital projects to meet budgetary goals and delivery schedules.
- Must be conversant with federal track safety regulations and shall be able to train and mentor tracks supervisors and track inspectors.
- Manages the continuous welded rail program, rail flaw testing, and electric geometry tests.
- Preferred candidate will have degree in engineering or 10 years of experience in track maintenance.
- Preferred candidate will be a construction-level surveyor and have moderate ability with Autodesk Civil.
- Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States and must be able to travel in Canada.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
- This is a permanent, full-time, salaried, benefited position.
The successful applicant for this position will serve as the railroad’s track and roadway maintenance leader for White Pass. The MTM reports to the Superintendent and directly manages track foremen, track inspectors, surfacing crews, and contractors in the maintenance of way department.
Those interested in this opportunity should inquire with the WPYR Human Resources Department at:
Becky Jensen, Manager of Human Resources & Employee Benefits, (907) 983-9803, firstname.lastname@example.org
The White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad is a World Class shore excursion annually carrying over 500,000 passengers through Alaska, British Columbia, and Yukon Territory. WPYR is a Class 2 railroad federally regulated in the United States and Canada. WPYR is a passenger railroad with 30 passenger train movements per day over heavy mountain territory.
Originally posted November 8, 2021