Manager of Track Maintenance
White Pass & Yukon Route, a successful, historic company engaged in rail, tourism and port operations, based in Skagway, Alaska, has an opening for a Manager of Track Maintenance. This is a full-time, year round position with benefits. The position will be available upon fulfillment. This is a chance to be part of a dynamic company with room for advancement in the future. Compensation depends on experience.
Manager Track Maintenance Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of track and structures maintenance and integrity including docks, bridges, and signals.
- Support the safety management system and ensure adherence to WPY’s Track Safety Standards.
- Provide direction to track foremen, track inspectors, and unionized work force.
- Update and keep current WPY track safety standards and track chart.
- Educate and train MOW employees, including surfacing crews (Harsco 6700).
- Test, monitor, and mentor supervisors, field crews, and tamper operators for adherence to track safety rules, track geometry standards, and productivity goals.
- May be required to occasionally lead work crews and gangs in the field.
- Serve as infrastructure planner, project engineer and construction manager.
- Monitor department finances and capital projects to meet budgetary goals and delivery schedules.
- Must be conversant with federal track safety regulations and shall be able to train and mentor tracks supervisors and track inspectors.
- Manages the continuous welded rail program, rail flaw testing, and electric geometry tests.
- Preferred candidate will have degree in engineering or 10 years of experience in track maintenance management.
- Preferred candidate will be a construction-level surveyor and have moderate ability with Autodesk Civil.
The successful applicant for this position will serve as the railroad’s track and roadway maintenance leader for White Pass. The MTM reports to the Superintendent and directly manages track foremen, track inspectors, surfacing crews, and contractors in the maintenance of way department.
Applications can be filled out online AND resumes with accompanying letter of introduction can be submitted to the HR Executive Director Tyler Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions regarding this position should be directed to Mr. Rose via email or by calling 907-983-9850. Position is open until filled.
Originally posted December 20, 2019