Janitor & Groundskeeper
Description: Year round, Full Time Janitor & Groundskeeper at White Pass & Yukon Route
Job Purpose: Maintains building and grounds by providing janitorial services, grounds keeping, and repair services.
This position reports to the Manager of Reservations and Sales.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50 + Lbs.
- Attention to detail
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screening & random drug screening
- Must pass a background check for dock security purposes
- Janitorial Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Facilities Coordination, Basic Safety, Supply Management, Independence, Attention to Detail, Self-Motivated, Planning, Initiative, Informing Others, Equipment Maintenance.
- Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors, and fixtures; washing windows, counters, walls and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping floors; cleaning and vacuuming, furniture, and carpeting; resupplying public rest rooms at least twice per day; replacing light bulbs.
- Maintains building accessibility and appearance by picking up papers, cigarette butts and trash; removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot; painting parking lot lines, painting building, holiday decorating, etc.
- Removes trash by emptying trash containers; transporting materials to disposal area; recycling materials.
- Keeps cleaning equipment operational by following manufacturer’s operating and care guidelines; completing operator repairs and parts replacement.
- Completes basic equipment and building repairs by following manufacturer’s instructions and maintenance procedures.
- Maintains parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts; anticipating cleaning equipment replacement; placing orders.
- Maintains safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity between shifts by documenting cleaning actions; noting areas requiring additional care or monitoring.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and helping with special request and events.
- Meets grounds management financial objectives by forecasting janitorial supply needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances grounds management and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Position is open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit an application and also forward a resume to Manager of Human Resources & Employee Benefits Becky Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.