White Pass & Yukon Route, a successful, historic company engaged in rail, tourism and port operations based in Skagway, Alaska, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Retail Manager.
This is a full-time, year round position. White Pass offers a competitive salary based on experience and an excellent benefit package.
The Assistant Retail Manager participates in supervision and management of retail sales in Skagway Depot Store, Caboose-on-the-Dock, Carcross Depot Store, On Board Train Sales, Internet, and phone sales.
Specific duties include (but not limited to) assisting Director of Retail Operations with:
- POS inventory maintenance (Microsoft Retail Management System)
- Maintain the WPYR gift shop website
- Supervision and scheduling of 15+ seasonal staff
- Support buying decisions, product development and catalog production
- Daily Cash/Credit Card receipts processing
- Physical Inventory preparation and data input
- Maintain merchandising standards including signage
- Maintain security of Company assets
- Coordinate with other Departments to ensure high levels of safety and customer service
- Management experience in the retail industry or related business degree preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate excellent Customer service
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Cooperative, flexible, and friendly. Must be a team player.
- High School diploma