The successful candidate for this position should possess an outgoing personality who interacts well with guests and the WP&YR Team. Greet all guests in a pleasant manner while providing a friendly and sociable service in a clean and comfortable environment. The Retail Stocker is responsible for coordinating retail product delivery onsite, keeping the stock room filled and organized, and maintaining inventory at various storage locations.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Restock items as necessary. Keep storeroom neat and clean.
- Receive freight, price and prepare WP&YR souvenir goods for merchandising.
- Assist Gift Shop Mail Clerk in assembling orders for shipment.
- Provide support to gift shop as needed.
- May assist with odd jobs as needed.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Provide concise information to guests about WP&YR schedules, history and visitor services.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- POS / Micros register & cash handling experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent ability to communicate important information to the public
- Customer service experience a must
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours and navigate stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to move 50+ pounds on an regular basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat