The WP&YR is a dynamic company with a rich history that is currently hiring for the position of Operations Manager.
The position of an Operations Manager will be required to supervise, oversee, and direct work in all aspects of railroad operations ranging from the Mechanical, Transportation and Maintenance of Way Departments. This position will work directly for the Superintendent of Rail Operations and will assist in engineering and construction projects throughout the rail system. This is a management position which will have a full benefits package and salary. This job will require intense work days, with the successful applicant to be on call seven days a week during the operating season. On site availability will be required from approximately March 1 to October 31.
- Develops project schedules and deadlines, determines project quotes and budget requirements.
- Prepares reports, approves timesheets and expenses.
- Coordinates work and schedules of contractors and company forces in a safe, timely, and efficient manner while monitoring costs, inspection and final approval of work.
- Coordinates meetings and communicates with contractors and internal departments.
- Relieves and supports other Operating Department managers as required.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with safety policy.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Engineering Degree and/or Previous Engineering/Construction Experience
- Strong knowledge of railroad engineering principles and concepts
- Cooperative working capabilities with the WP&YR Management Team
Applicants must be able to report to work in Skagway by March 9, 2015.
Compensation: Based upon experience.
Applications can be filled out online at www.wpyr.com/jobs. Applicants are encouraged to submit an application and also forward a resume & cover letter to Executive Director Tyler Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on Saturday February 28th.
Originally posted February 13, 2015