The successful candidate for this position should possess an outgoing personality who interacts well with guests and the WP&YR Team. Greet all guests in a pleasant manner while providing a friendly and sociable service in a clean and comfortable environment. Baristas produce espresso and coffee related beverages at the espresso bar as well as related retail and souvenir sales.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing espresso drinks using semi-automatic espresso machines.
- Maintain superior sanitation behind bar and in café seating area. Daily cleaning required.
- Provide excellent customer service in very fast pace, high volume coffee bar.
- Stock and maintain supplies and retail products.
- Maintain cash and credit card receipts utilizing computerized point of sale cash register.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Assist Gift Shop staff with daily stocking and sales functions.
- Provide concise information to guests about WP&YR schedules, history and visitor services.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- Ability to make high quality espresso and coffee beverages
- POS / Micros register & cash handling experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent ability to communicate important information to the public
- Customer service experience a must
- Alaska Food Handlers Card required
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours and navigate stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to move 25+ pounds on an intermittent basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat