JOB OPPORTUNITY – ACCOUNTANT
White Pass & Yukon Route, a successful, historic company engaged in rail, tourism and port operations, based in Skagway, Alaska, has an opening for an Accountant. This is a full-time, year round position with benefits. The position will be available upon fulfillment. This is a chance to be part of a dynamic company with room for advancement in the future. Compensation depends on experience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting and supporting the Controller in the following areas:
- Processing cash receipt payments
- Processing/reconciling credit card transactions in addition to managing these relationships and monitoring this cost center
- Reconciling general ledger to accounts receivable subledger
- Perform collection efforts as needed
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable and aging analysis
- Prepare invoices for our customers and vendors
Cash and Bank Reconciliations:
- Prepare and process refunds and deposits
- Prepare and process bank transactions as necessary
- Prepare daily cash report to senior management
- Prepare month end bank reconciliations
Month End Closing:
- Recommend and process month-end accruals and related journal entries as necessary
- Support the controller and senior accountant with account reconciliations and analysis as necessary
- Assist with preparation of monthly supporting schedules for monthly reporting package issued to senior management.
- Craft and design reports as necessary
- Special projects and analysis as necessary
- Support and assist controller in the preparation of the annual budget
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in work experience
- Work experience relevant to the above responsibilities
- Exceptional Skillset with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with MS GP2013 (including Management Reporter) a huge plus
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently
- The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, organized and have a high degree of accuracy.
Applications can be filled out online at www.wpyr.com/jobs AND resumes with accompanying letter of introduction can be submitted to the HR Executive Director Tyler Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions regarding this position should be directed to Mr. Rose via email. Position is open until filled.
Originally posted September 21, 2016